Dr. Trinh Ngoc Thuy An
Dr. Trinh Ngoc Thuy An graduated from the University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Ho Chi Minh City with a Bachelor of Medicine in 2006. She later obtained a Specialist Level I in Ophthalmology degree from her alma mater in 2011. With more than 12 years of experience in ophthalmological examination and treatment having worked in numerous hospitals, Dr. An is best known for her expertise in performing Phaco surgeries, treating cataracts, as well as in Vitreous Retina.
Experience: 10 years
- 2006: Graduated with a Bachelor of Medicine from the University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Ho Chi Minh City
- 2011: Obtained a Specialist Level 1 in Ophthalmology degree from University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Ho Chi Minh City
- 2011-2019: Head of the Department of Posterior Parts (Glaucoma & Retina Vitreous), Ba Ria Vung Tau Eye Hospital
- 2019-2020: Head of Ophthalmology Department, Cao Thang Eye Hospital, Ho Chi Minh City
- 2020-2023: Head of Outpatient Department, Hoan My International Eye Hospital
- 2023-Present: Head of Outpatient Department, Prima Medical Center Saigon
Certifications & Achievements:
- Won the title of Advanced Laborer (2018) of the Department of Postpartum, Ba Ria Vung Tau Eye Hospital
- Won 3rd Prize in the National Competition of Innovative Community Health Solutions with the topic “Improving the capacity to screen & manage diabetic retinopathy in Ba Ria Vung Tau province” (2016)
- Partakes in regular training courses, offering professional guidance for young doctors-nurses at the hospital.
- Participated in examination/outpatient consultation, eye care screening at community events
- Participated in compiling Treatment Protocols, Technical Procedures of Eye Specialist Hospitals
- Participated in intensive training on Phaco Surgery, Vitreous – Retinal Treatment by domestic & international Medical – Ophthalmic Organizations (ESASO, ORBIS …)
- Authored numerous research reports such as “Survey & Evaluation of the percentage of patients with fundus disease in the number of patients visiting Ba Ria-Vung Tau Eye Hospital” (2015)
- Number of successful surgeries: over 10,000 Phaco surgeries and 12,000 cases of eye disease treatment.