Dr. Vo Thi Thu Thao
Dr. Vo Thi Thu Thao obtained her Specialist Level I and II degrees in Ophthalmology in 2005 and 2016 respectively. Dr. Thao is one of the leading ophthalmologists in Vietnam, especially in the field of refractive surgeries. A familiar face on leading media channels, Dr. Thao is always sharing her deep medical expertise and knowledge with a wider audience, hoping to enhance the eye health of the nation. With over 18 years of experience, Dr. Thao is currently serving as the Chief Medical Officer at Prima Saigon.
Experience: 18 years
- 2000: Graduated from the University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Ho Chi Minh City as a medical doctor
- 2005: Obtained a Specialist Level 1 in Ophthalmology degree
- 2016: Obtained a Specialist Level 2 in Ophthalmology degree
- 2005-2017: Refractive Surgeon, Department of Ophthalmology, An Sinh General Hospital
- 2017-2020: Chief Medical Officer, Vietnam-Russia International Eye Hospital HCMC
- 2020-2023: Chief Medical Officer, Hoan My International Eye Hospital
- 2023-Present: Chief Medical Officer, Prima Saigon
Certifications & Achievements:
- Conducted practical training for many refractive surgeons locally and internationally
- Participated in television programmes on leading media channels such as VTV, HTV, THVL as an expert on topics related to ophthalmological treatment and surgery
- Conducted many studies on the effectiveness and safety of Lasik surgery and corneal orthopedic contact lens treatment for patients with moderate and severe myopia, such as “Clinical application of intraocular lens power calculation in vitreous surgery on patients who have had Lasik surgery”.
- Pioneer surgeon in performing Relex Smile surgeries in Vietnam, in adherence to strict requirements
- Performed corneal orthopedic contact lens treatment in Vietnam
- Implemented the technique of treating refractive errors without surgery, helping to prevent increasing myopia in children
- Performed numerous refractive surgeries live on VTV media channel
- Number of successful surgeries: more than 20,000 Lasik, Femto, and Relex Smile procedures and more than 4,000 Phaco surgeries.